The Sellman Family

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter

Easter was a whirlwind for us this year......We got a call the Saturday before Easter and found out that Mia's great-grandfather (Grandma's father) was not doing well and not expected to make it. Mia had been staying with Grandma and Grandpa, and they took her to MeMaw and Paw Paw's, so we could all be at the hospital with him. Unfortunately, Great-Grandpa Ed passed away early Easter morning, right after Grandma's sister, her husband, and daughter got there from Michigan. I can't think of a better time to go be with the Lord than Easter, even though it was a sad day for us. I took Mia to MeMaw and Paw Paw's church Easter Sunday, so she could have some sense of normal. The services were Monday night and Tuesday, and she was a trooper the entire time. Here are some pictures of us dyeing Easter eggs the week before Easter since we didn't take any other pictures.



Mia was interested in dyeing eggs for about 10 minutes and then she was ready to do something else. This picture cracks me up because Daddy ended up finishing the eggs by himself, which I don't think he minded!

Here is the finished product. I think Mia enjoyed putting stickers on the eggs more than dyeing them!
As a side note, I had never heard of eating your dyed Easter eggs until Chris asked me why I didn't refrigerate them after we dyed them. Apparently, they used to eat theirs, but we always displayed ours. He can eat them if he wants, but I think I'll just look at them! I'll try to update more tomorrow.....

No comments: