The Sellman Family

Monday, January 26, 2009

Gymboree

I took Mia to a free Gymboree class today and she loved it! She had a lot of fun playing on all the different stations. It works well because they let the kids play for a while, and then they come together every few minutes for a group activity. Then they let them have free play again. Mia was more into the free play since she was exploring all the toys, but she did participate in group activities more than I thought. I went ahead and signed her up for a 4 week class and with your membership fee, they have free play hours where you can take them just to play. That works really well for the winter since it's too cold to go to a park, so hopefully we can take advantage of some of those. After we left, Mia said, "I want to go back!"

On a side note, we found out today that Mia got into our church preschool for Wednesdays and Fridays starting in September. We signed up for Tuesdays and Thursdays as our first choice, so they put her on a waiting list for those days. Either way, it should work out well and we're glad we know where she's going and it's at our church. We just can't believe it's almost time for our little girl to start preschool!

And I'll leave you with something funny Mia said this morning.....I was making her breakfast and she was getting impatient, so I told her, "Hold your horses," and she said, "I don't have any horses!"



I think this was Mia's favorite activity. It's a little teeter totter boat thing.

A rocking horse kind of thing.


A bubble group activity.

Trying to catch a bubble.

Getting a kiss from a little boy in class....he just turned 2 and is way taller than Mia! She didn't seem to mind getting kissed!

No comments: